Through the mail-Bobby Witt Jr.

 This Bobby Witt Jr. card was one of the two cards I first sent out in mid May when I started doing through the mail requests again. This along with the Rafael Palmeiro signed rookie card I blogged about a couple weeks ago were sent on the same day. Oddly enough, both have been my longest wait for a return from the athlete. I had seen that Bobby had been signing and returning to many requests and that all of them were long after I had sent mine, so I had essentially written off any chance of getting this back. That's okay, because none of these athletes or celebrities have to sign anything, so any return I get I'm always happy with. When my daughter walked into the house today with am envelope in her hand addressed to me I got excited. As I mentioned in my last Trout post, any of the remaining requests I currently have out there would be pleasant surprises at this point.  Please check out the card below. 

As you can see, I sent a 2020 Donruss prospect card. This is not the base, but some kind of shiny refractor type card as well. It's always nice getting an auto on a cool card, preferably a meaningful card like a rookie card, and especially an excellent signature which is what happened in this case.  Thank you Bobby, I wish you continued success and hope to see you at the big league level some day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana