Mike Trout for the last time?

 Anyone that has read this blog will realize I have gotten a few Mike Trout autographed items over the last few years.  There is the rookie year signed baseball I got from a signing he did in 2012.  There is the signed baseball I got from a signing in 2018 inscribed with 2012 ROY.  There is the 11x17 vertical photo I have of him making his second spectacular catch from a signing he did in 2019, inscribed with 2012 AL ROY.  A few months ago, it was the signed game model bat purchased directly from Major League Alumni Marketing, his exclusive memorabilia company that he is contracted with.  All of these items have culminated in my ultimate goal of acquiring a signed authentic jersey.  Mike did a signing July of this year, right before the start of the 2020 MLB season.  Here is the outcome;

This is the authentic on field Nike home jersey of the Angels.  I like that both patches are on this jersey, as it will make for nice framing.  I plan on getting a shadow box custom frame job similar to my Tony Gwynn ensemble, which you can see HERE.

I plan on getting this framed along with the rookie year signed baseball from the 2012 signing as well as the signed bat I have from this year.  I think this might quickly become my favorite piece of my collection.

Here is my Trout collection in its entirety.


I have a feeling this will be the end of my Trout additions.  I don't do the game used stuff because it is way too pricey.  I also don't collect cleats or batting gloves or anything so I doubt there is anything bigger for me to get than the authentic jersey.  

Pivoting over to through the mail stuff here for a second.  I currently have five pending requests out there, and if any of them come back I will be legitimately surprised.  All five are huge names and do sign through the mail, but are very sporadic and you have to hit them during their signing windows.  Other than those, I don't currently have anything in the hopper at the moment other than a Larry Walker order from a signing he is doing with Tristar that is currently on hold because of the pandemic.  

Thank you for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana