Ted Williams

I've made the decision recently to try and consolidate some of my stuff for two reasons.  One, I have a lot of signed items and there is only so much space to display the stuff.  A lot of what I own ends up sitting in the closet and to me, there is no point in collecting memorabilia that people cannot see.  Secondly, I want to start focusing on the upper echelon players.  I already have one full baseball display case of Hall of Famers and I'm likely to eventually end up with two.  I figure that if I sell off some of the redundant autographs I have, then I can both clear space and use the money to target items from the all time greats. First up?  Ted Williams.  If you've read anything on this blog in the past you know I am very cautious when it comes to obtaining where I get my autographs from.  For this particular photo, it came with Ted Williams Family Enterprises authenticity.  As an added measure, I ran the autograph by Ted Williams experts on a forum I am part of, https://live.autographmagazine.com/.  Two Ted Williams experts both said the autograph was indeed genuine.  These two facts (combined with the fact that the reserve bid amount was high) made me more than comfortable in making the purchase.  

The signature itself is instantly recognizable for anyone into the hobby.  It is definitely one of the classics.  Since this was an obvious choice to go on my wall somewhere, and the photo itself is quite large at close to 30 inches long, I had to do some redecorating in one corner of my sports cave.  


Next to the Mike Trout and Mario Lemieux signed photos I own seemed a good spot.  I think next up on my all time great quest will be the next most reasonably priced.  Henry Aaron.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana