Griffin Canning at SDCCU, and my daughter!

I saw a tweet earlier this week that Angels rookie pitcher Griffin Canning would be having a free signing at the San Diego County Credit Union in Laguna Niguel.  It had been awhile since I'd attended any signing, plus this location was a little more than thirty minutes from my house in North San Diego County, so it was something I had been debating going to for a few days.  Free signings are always hit and miss for me since they have a tendency to be packed and there is no guarantee you're going to get a signature unless you are one of the first X amount of people in attendance.  In this case, they only promised an autograph to the first 150 people in line.  The signing was to take place between 11:00 and 12:30, so this morning I woke up and still hadn't decided whether I was going or not.  Believe it or not, the determining factor in me going today ended up being my five year old daughter, who told me she really wanted to go with me and get a baseball signed.  So, we made the trek up north to Laguna Niguel at arrived at about 10:00, one hour before the signing began.  We were already about 180-200 people back at the time we arrived, so we didn't receive one of the wristbands that promised a signature.  Here is what it looked like when we arrived;

Griffin arrived early and the line started humming right at eleven.  Let me just say, the line moved at a speed faster than any signing I remember attending.  We were up to the front to meet the pitcher after about 30 or 40 minutes.  It went so quickly, that people were lining back up to double dip, as there was a strict one per person policy that everyone was adhering to.
My daughter was nervous once we got up to the signing table, and Griffin was super friendly which made her relax a bit.  He signed a free SDCCU poster card they had on hand for her, and then of course I had him sign a baseball.
It was pretty cool that my daughter was actually wanting to come with me, in fact kind of making my decision to go for me in the first place.  The event was easy to get to, went quickly, the player was friendly, and my daughter thought it was fun.  The only thing bad about the day was the two hours(!) it took to get back home because of accidents.  Thanks for reading. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana