MLB Hall of Fame class 2018

Major League Baseball inducted its class of 2018 last weekend, which provided an opportunity for me to post some stuff I have from a couple of the newly enshrined players.  First off is former Padre closer Trevor Hoffman.  I've had many things signed by Trevor over the years, half of which I have given away to other Padre fans.  He was always very accommodating to his fans and is deserving of his HOF accolades.  The first photo is something I had my little brother ask Trevor to sign from his truck as he drove off after a Padre game at Petco Park.  This was shortly after his 400th career save, which he was good enough to inscribe.
The next is an all star baseball he signed for me from the 2002 all star game in Milwaukee.  I believe he signed this ball for me during the final season the Padres played at Qualcomm Stadium, which would have been 2003.
Finally, it's just a regular MLB baseball he signed for me at some point during his career.  I think he probably signed about ten things for me over the years, and this is the last of the regular baseballs I have left.  Hopefully, I will add a ball with the HOF 18 inscription eventually as he is still local and seen at Padre games all the time.
The other player in my collection that was part of the 2018 Hall class was Jim Thome.  I got Jim to sign a ball for me while he was a member of the Phillies as he was walking to the team hotel after a game at Petco Park.  At the time, I had no idea he'd end up in the Hall, so it just ended up being a good bit of luck.  Unfortunately, this ball has faded a bit over the 13 or so years since he signed this.
Finally, here is a look at my Hall of Fame case as of this morning.  
Congrats to all the new Hall members and thank you for reading.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana