Topps Pristine

 Lots of stuff happening over the last few weeks from a soccer card release standpoint. Now that I am back from our annual family road trip, I can catch up a bit with these posts. One new product that came out was Topps Pristine Premier League, which is a higher end set that includes three encased autographs per hobby box. I partook in a few case breaks of this stuff to some mixed reviews, including the five autographs below. 



One of the really cool things about Pristine is that you can get match worn memorabilia. In the above example, I got this autograph of West Ham player Tomas Soucek, and if you pay attention to the jersey piece and look at the back of the card, it tells you that this is a piece of his kit from the match at Old Trafford against Manchester United on May 11 2025. What makes this even cooler is the fact that Soucek scored in this game which ended up being a 2-0 West Ham win, their first win at Old Trafford in 18 years. Being able to tie this to a specific game makes the piece top notch in my opinion, much better than the standard "not affiliated" patches the vast majority of products carry now.


The two Jack Grealish hits above came from the same break in which I took Everton for $50. The green is /10 and the blue is /75. Both cards also feature mach worn jersey relics, this time from a 11/8/25 game at Hill Dickinson Stadium between Everton and Fulham. I like that in these two relic pieces, you get multiple colors. The blue /75 has two tone and the green /10 has either part of his name plate or jersey number. 

I also took Crystal Palace in a case to see if I could hit an Adam Wharton autograph, and it actually paid off. The above Wharton is /75. I think he's a very promising young player for Crystal Palace so was happy to hit on that gamble.

As I am wont to do, I also took West Ham a few times as they are a cheaper team in breaks that tend to have a decent autograph checklist. Not only did I get the aforementioned  Soucek, I also got this Jarrod Bowen auto /75. It is my fourth Bowen autograph in my collection, which isn't surprising since I always take West Ham.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Albert Pujols

Recent Acquisitions

Los Angeles Dodgers @ Petco Park 4/10/13