Ebay adds

 I made two recent pickups from Ebay, and both are now in my possession.  The first is a big one, and a guy I've been wanting to get something from for some time.  If you watch baseball you would have seen him in the recent Homerun Derby, where he bested crowd favorite Shohei Ohtani.  He has also won a World Series and projects at this point in his career to be an all time great.  I'm talking of course about Nationals phenom Juan Soto.  I found a nice on card auto from Topps Finest.  It's not the most glamorous set but this card was affordable compared to some of Soto's other stuff, and this guy's memorabilia will only go up in value from here.

The other thing I bought is more of a speculative piece, and one based solely on what I know from fantasy basketball going into the 2020-2021 season, and that was that Detroit Pistons rookie Killian Hayes had a lot of upside but was very raw.  In fact, the rookie class this year in general was mostly a crapshoot so I decided to go for Hayes because his price is far less than the big guys like Lamelo Ball and Anthony Edwards.  This is a rookie card auto from the coveted Panini Prizm set.

This card was well under three digits, so if he is a complete bust going forward it's not a big loss.  I think there is some profit potential over the long haul.  I also hope so from a fantasy basketball dynasty league perspective, since I have him stashed away.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana