Game used Ryan McDonagh puck

I added another puck to my collection, this one of the game used variety courtesy of Steiner Sports.  The puck I received was of former Rangers (and now Tampa) defenseman Ryan McDonagh.  I know for many people that read this blog, hockey is far down the list of their sport favorites, but McDonagh is a good player that also played for Team USA.  What I found most cool about this particular puck is that the tape on it shows it came from a game in February 2017 against another "Original Six" member, the Montreal Canadiens.  I liked this particular puck because it came during the 90th anniversary season of the Rangers, which is reflected on the logo.

90th Anniversary season.  McDonagh signature.

NYR vs MTL 2/21/17

Game Used 1st period

NHL 100th Season official puck

Again, I'm a hockey guy first and foremost.  The fact I was able to find a good deal thanks to Steiner Sports on a game used puck was something I did not want to pass up.  The fact the puck came from the Rangers' 90th anniversary season, against no less of a team than the famous Montreal Canadiens makes it even better.  For curiosity, I googled the game and saw that the Rangers lost this particular game in a shootout, 3-2.  Future hall of famer Shea Weber scored for the Canadiens.  To me, it's a pretty cool part of history.  Thanks Steiner for having some good deals and for being a legitimate company.  Thanks to everyone who took the time to read this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana