Corey Seager Signing

I came across a Corey Seager signing hosted by Honabach and Sons as well as the OC Dugout, and being held at Frank and Son's Collectible show.  When I first came across this signing, I purchased both an autograph ticket for a baseball as well as an inscription.
 Corey was scheduled to appear approximately from 6-7:30, but the time was not set since he was coming after the Dodgers Cubs game earlier in the day.  He started signing at 6:15, and I didn't have to wait too long before it was my turn.
Corey was real friendly, and took pictures with everyone who asked and conversed pretty well with them as well.  Since I still had a couple of the 2016 Petco Park All-Star balls left over from my lack of success during All-Star week, I decided to have Corey sign one of these and to put the 1st All-Star game inscription.  I told him that I'm actually a Padres fan but did not boo him during the homerun derby, like many of the fans did.  He seemed to get a kick out of that.  He signed the ball, shook my hand, thanked me for making the drive up, and I was on my way.
Overall, the signing was well organized.  I wasn't really excited that we were told MLB would be authenticating everything at no cost, but then upon arrival we were told MLB would actually NOT be authenticating after all, and that we would need to pay for the PSA in the presence authentication.  So after I got the ball signed, I had to line up in a long PSA line for their "RookieGraph" authentication, which took almost as long to get done as the autograph itself.  In fact, as I was leaving the line for PSA was easily over an hour, which is ridiculous.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana