Pieces of the Collection

In continuing with my new idea to post some photos of items I have in my collection that would not necessarily have gotten into my blog without it, here are a few more items I deem to be of interest.  I will include a quick little blurb about how I obtained each item as I see fit.  The first is a LaDainian Tomlinson signed jersey I got signed during the off season after the season in which he won the NFL MVP. It was a signing at a Field of Dreams store in the Fashion Valley mall in San Diego, a store that no longer exists.  It is one of the more valuable items I have in my collection.


If you notice, there is a LaDainian Tomlinson Authenticated hologram in the bottom right corner of the "2" on his jersey.  I know this is an authentication tactic that is more commonplace than it was at the time of this signing.

Next is a Miguel Cabrera 8x10 I had signed.  It is an MLB photo commemorating a big homerun he hit during the 2003 National League Championship Series.  It is still a goal of mine to get Cabrera to sign a Major League Baseball since I prefer that to photos, but the Tigers rarely make it out to San Diego and I have never "graphed" up in Anaheim.

Finally, here is another 8x10 photo I had signed, this time by Issac Bruce.  I know Bruce is starting to get affiliated with the GTSM sports marketing company, which has several big shows around the country every year, with an emphasis on football players.  If that sounds like something that interests you, I encourage you to check out their website to look at all of their upcoming shows/guests.

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and I am thinking that my next post will be one in the "Random Ponderings" category.  The Padres have series scheduled at Petco Park over the next couple weeks with the Mets, Pirates, and Cubs.  I'm debating on whether or not to attend these series as I already have McCutchen, would really only want Harvey from the Mets (Wright is out), and the Cubs have a lackluster roster.  I guess we shall see...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana