Tour Time-Part 1

Since my collection additions will likely slow a bit here soon unless I get an influx of through the mail returns, I thought it might be kind of interesting to do a tour of what my memorabilia room currently looks like.  I figured I'd start with certain sections and gradually work my way around the room.  

I figured I'd start in the corner with the baseball Hall of Famer case.  This case consists entirely of members of the Major League Baseball Hall of Fame plus Albert Pujols, Mike Trout, and Derek Jeter. 


I'd say 60% of this case was obtained in person either at paid signings or at ballparks around the country.  Another 30% would be through paid private signings that the athlete did.  The last 10% would be from reputable sites (Steiner, Tristar) and people, all of which I vet first. This is not all of the hall of fame baseballs I own either, as I have begun removing the ones that show any signs of fading.  I do have them in a UV case and the light that comes into the room comes through a UV tinted sliding glass door as well as blackout curtains.  Needless to say I am protective of the stuff I have accumulated through a lot of time, effort, and resources.


Next up we have a Mario Lemieux signed matted 8x10.  I obtained this in person at the local celebrity golf tournament that at the time was held by Stan Humphries, then later Drew Brees and currently Marshall Faulk.  I showed up to the event with this photo in hopes of landing Lemieux, and he remains to this day one of the top few free in person autographs I've gotten.  We are creeping up on this autograph being 20 years old.  


Next up we have a Trevor Hoffman signed 8x10 matted photo much like the Lemieux one.  Trevor signed this for my little brother and I in person post game at Petco Park shortly after getting his 400th save on the road.  We got Trevor so many times during the initial years of Petco Park being open.  Under that photo is a Dirk Nowitzki signed 8x10 signed by Dirk through the mail.  You can recap that success here


Lastly is a Carlton Fisk signed 8x10 that I got from a Field of Dreams store about 16 to 20 years ago I believe.  Wave that ball fair Carlton!  It is authenticated by Major League Baseball.  On the left hand side is an 8x10 of Dennis Rodman inscribed with HOF.  I went to a public signing Dennis did in Orange County six or seven years ago.  He even told me the story from the game depicted in the photo, which is uncanny ability to recall details in my opinion.

Thank you for reading this.  It may be a little self indulgent in a way because it allows me the chance to reminisce on a lot of my own items and the stories behind them. I do hope though that it comes across as interesting and that people actually look forward in some small way to Tour Time- Part 2!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

Al Kaline-Through the Mail

John Elway