Going prospecting...sort of

I started this going prospecting series with an actual prospect in Jo Adell the other day.  If you need a recap it can be found here. This post will be about the same type of thing, but in this case two of the three players have already established themselves at the highest level of the game so they aren't really what you'd consider to be prospects.  However, I still found prices on these cards that in my opinion would be considered good, and that have the potential to increase in value down the line.  First up is a pretty sleek looking Topps Chrome rookie card of  Washington Nationals young stud Victor Robles.  The purple in this means it is a purple refractor, and this card is serial numbered to 250. 
The second card is Josh Hader, who has already established himself as an all-star and likely the best reliever in baseball.  I found the base Topps rookie card auto of this guy for under $10 on Ebay.  I thought that was cheap, and this guy as mentioned is already an elite pitcher.  Maybe his ignorant and pretty racist tweets when he was a kid makes people not like him and drive his value down?  Whatever the case, here is the card.
Lastly, I found an another actual prospect, and one from my personal favorite team, the Padres.  CJ Abrams is a high school kid with a lot of potential so I jumped on a chance to buy a Bowman prospect refractor autograph card.  I think I said that correctly.  Either way, both as someone owning this card and as a Padres fan, I hope the kid pans out.
Side note and something I have not mentioned yet, I slabbed these all in magnetic Ultra Pro thick card protectors. I use the 35 point thickness for any standard card.  They are pretty cool protectors and very clear with UV protection so I think they are a solid purchase for those in the hobby. If you are looking around, make sure you get a higher thickness point rating for cards you want to display with memorabilia in them.   A good example is the David Wright auto card I posted about a couple weeks ago. I have a couple more Ebay purchases coming through the mail soon so I will post another one of these in the near future.  Also, I have some through the mail requests out there and hopefully I get some nice hits to talk about like I did with the two Wade Boggs cards recently.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

Al Kaline-Through the Mail

John Elway