In a Break I took....Barcelona?!?!?
I've gone over breaks on this blog ad nauseum so if you follow along at all, you know that when looking to get into a break, the vast majority of the time I am looking for deals or smaller teams. This is because the Premier League teams like Everton, West Ham, Brentford, or smaller international teams on the global soccer scale like Ghana or Nigeria are always cheaper than the bigger teams. I like bundling multiple teams in a break that cost me the same or less than one big team does in the same break. I also usually know the checklist going into the breaks pretty well so that I know where some value can be mined. That isn't to say that I never go with bigger clubs, it's just less often. For example, I like to take Liverpool every so often as they are the club I support so I will splurge on them at times.
However, for the first time ever, I actually took one of the biggest clubs in the world in a break, Barcelona. I decided to grab them in a three case opening of Topps Finest UCC. They have a massive checklist so I was excited to see what I'd actually get. It ended up being a solid, if not spectacular break.
I ended up with two Sergio Busquets autographs, one orange /25 and the other a green /99. I did not have a Busquets autograph in my collection yet so was happy to get these.
I got one Robert Lewandowski autograph /50, which was a nice hit as well. I already had a Lewandowski /25 autograph from his Bayern days so I'll probably end up selling one to make some money back.
I pulled a Samuel Eto'o green autograph /99. This is another big name legend but he's another guy I already had an autograph of in my collection. I have his Select green auto /5 so I'll probably end up selling this one as well.
I got an Arrivals autograph of rookie Quim Junyent. I'm not sure where he stands as a prospect anymore but it's never a bad thing to get a Barca rookie autograph.
Lastly, I ended up with a Dani Olmo green autograph /99. I like watching Barcelona so he's a good player and just won the World Cup with Spain, so I'm happy with that autograph as well.
All in all, I didn't make my money back but it was a solid haul from an autograph perspective. I also ended up with six numbered cards as well.
It wasn't the type of value play I usually make that pays off well but it was fun to go big game hunting for once in breaks.






Comments
Post a Comment