Road Trip Rippin'

 As has become my family's custom, we have been taking one road trip a year for the last five or six years.  While on the road trips, I've made it a point to try and find sealed boxes of cards at Walmarts and Targets that I have a harder time finding since I live in southern California. The second biggest pull of my life happened four years ago in New Mexico when I pulled a crazy Julio Rodriguez prospect auto numbered to 99. 

This year our trip again took us to Northern Montana (and this time into Banff, Alberta Canada) but unfortunately I wasn't able to find anything as big as the Rodriguez card.


I pulled a Max Duggan Contenders rookie auto from a mega box found in a Polson, Montana Walmart. This kid will probably get cut by the Chargers in the next few days so it's not the best pull though I am a Chargers fan.


I pulled this Charles Bediako rookie auto out of a Contenders basketball blaster that I found at a Target in Kalispell, Montana. I don't know much about this kid so I don't think this card is worth a whole lot.


I'm including this Kendre Miller rookie auto on this post because I actually used Panini Rewards points for this card that I pulled out of one of the boxes I opened while on this trip. At least here I got to pick the player and I think Miller has decent upside in the long term.

And of course, here are some of the obligatory landscape photos from the trip itself.

A beautiful Montana sunset just south of Glacier National Park

Standing from a pedestrian bridge just outside the town of Banff

Morraine Lake, Alberta Canada

Lake Louise, Alberta Canada

Downtown Banff

Goodbye USA

Flathead Lake in Polson, Montana

Our first stop on day one, in Idaho Falls, Idaho


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

Al Kaline-Through the Mail

John Elway