Jackson Merrill

 As a Padres fan, it's been watching the maturation and success of their potential rookie of the year winner, 21 year old Jackson Merrill. He is currently one of the two favorites to win the NL rookie of the year, but I did not have many of his cards in my collection, nor did I have any autos.

An interesting note about this card is that I am not sure whether to consider this his "1st Bowman" as his technical 1st Bowman was in 2021. However, the photo of the player used in that version of Merrill's card was not actually Jackson Merrill but some other random prospect. The kid in the photo even bats right handed while Merrill is a lefty. I do know for a fact that the 2022 Bowman, pictured above, is his first autograph in Bowman sets regardless of what you consider to be his first actual Bowman. All of this is to say that I do think there is some big time profit potential with the 2022 version of his card potentially being considered his actual 1st Bowman as opposed to the error image one, as well as Merrill's ability itself looking like it may turn him into an elite Major Leaguer. This card cost less than $100 so for a personal collection item on a fun favorite player from my favorite team, I thought it was worth adding. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

Al Kaline-Through the Mail

John Elway