Retail pulls

 I've really enjoyed Prizm Copa America, and pulling the Rivaldo auto a couple of weeks ago got me into the mode where I wanted to try a few more boxes. Any time I go to Target I'll buy a box or two of the stuff, and it paid off again with this Cafu auto. This is another Brazilian legend on a green wave auto and as I mentioned in the Rivaldo post, the green looks good with the Brazil kit.


Topps has recently released a football product called "Topps Composite" in their first foray back into the NFL game in a number of years. If you look closely, it's unlicensed so the below card doesn't have team logos or names though it's kind of hard to tell. I found one mega box of this stuff on the shelf and was able to pull this Doug Williams on card auto. Not a huge hit but he made NFL history by being the first black QB to both play in and win the Super Bowl and that's a cool distinction to have. 


For the first time ever I bought one box of a tennis product. Topps Chrome is always a solid product and I'd heard people were pulling some huge cards out of it. I only bought one cheap box of the stuff and did manage to pull an autograph though I'm not sure who Mitchell Krueger is. This auto is numbered /499.


Lastly, this is not autograph related but it is a huge pull nonetheless. My uncle has tried buying hobby boxes a couple times over the last few months, and he bought into my hype and went with the Copa America Prizm hobby box at my local card store. It was the last one they had in the store, and it paid off massively. This is a case hit "Landmarks" card (akin to a Downtown in football) and is of the best player on the planet, Lionel Messi. This card is worth close to $1k ungraded so is just a massive card to get out of a pack and I wanted to share his luck. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

Al Kaline-Through the Mail

John Elway