Soccer Adds

 I tried my hand at a hobby box of 2023-24 Panini Select Premier League. The thing that caught my eye was that these boxes come with three autograph or memorabilia cards. They also come with five numbered parallels, which is a nice bonus. I ended up hitting a case hit team badge (of Nottingham Forest), a Mo Salah tie dye /49 (great because I'm a Liverpool supporter), and a few cards numbered /99 or higher. I ended up getting two autographs and one memorabilia card, but neither of the autographs was anything to write home about unfortunately. 

I got my hopes up quickly on this Micah Richards because when I saw the back of the card facing up (something Panini does for all hits) I immediately saw the Man City blue as the outline. Erling Haaland is a big chase for me in this set, so I was a tad disappointed to see it was the Manchester City and England international right back. Pretty good player, but not what you're hoping for in a hobby box necessarily. 


The other auto was actually worse, in Fulham defensive midfield Harrison Reed. I watched a few videos on YouTube of this product being opened and Reed was in a few of those boxes as well, so I assume he has a massive amount of autographs in the product. I will say, Select does a nice job with their autographs though. These cards look good even though they aren't the players you're striving to pull.

I also made another trip to my local card store Coastal Cards and Collectibles, and when I go I like to peruse what singles they have on sell when I go. I found this Ilkay Gundogan auto /199 for $20 and I bought it. Gundogan was a hell of a player for Manchester City and now plays for Barcelona and the German National Team. The funny thing is if I pulled a Gundogan auto out of my Select Hobby box I would have been happy with that even though it's not an expensive card. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

Al Kaline-Through the Mail

John Elway